Farm / Chatsworth Farm
Farm Type: A family farm, raising livestock & growing crops
Chatsworth Farm and the Wasylik family are very excited to be participating in our third Alberta Open Farm Days, on Saturday, August 13th. We’re a two-generation (parents and young adult kids and their partners) mixed family farm with a herd of 500 beef cattle, a growing flock of sheep, laying hens, geese, ducks, turkeys, two horses, and we grow various grain and legume crops, including heritage Red Fife wheat. The farm is located two hours east of Edmonton and we farm in the beautiful Parkland region, just 15 minutes from the vibrant community of Vermilion.
Please register for your Open Farm Days, and if you have any mobility limitations or anything else we should know about, please detail that in the “Additional information” section of the registration form so we can make your visit easier and more enjoyable.
We’re passionate about sharing our farm with others so when you visit, you’ll experience up-close interactions with our animals and learn about their life cycles, try your own hand at farm activities, and enjoy the beauty of farm life.
Open Farm Days at Chatsworth Farm includes:
- Getting up close with our farm animals on our guided livestock tours (see booking link)
- Meeting our family & Lizzie, our guardian livestock dog, and Chief, our new Blue Heeler puppy who’s learning to become a working cattle dog
- Machinery demonstrations from Chatsworth Farm and Highline Manufacturing
- Hands-on farm activities and community displays
- Picnic spots
- BBQ lunch starts at 12:30 (cash only) Hot Dogs: $7 which includes Bonne Vie Bakery buns with toppings
- Ice cream vendors
Farmers Market Featuring
- Berry View Farms
- Bonne Vie Bakery
- Chatsworth Farm
- Copper Cork Distillery
- Fraiche Flower Farm
- J6 Baking
- Old School Cheesery
- Pottery by Dellaney
- Wilds Acres
- Bonne Vie Bakery
- Please leave your pets at home, for their safety and the safety of our animals and visitors
- Wash/sanitize your hands frequently while you’re here, especially after touching animals and before eating or drinking
- Parents are reminded to watch their children at all times, as this is a working farm.
- Please tell your children to respect the animals at all times.
- We recommend wearing closed-toed shoes